This guy pisses me off. He says he shot his girlfriend to death by mistake (oh, really?), thinking she was a robber.
Listen to this – in an affidavit read by his lawyer at his bail hearing Tuesday, he felt vulnerable because he did not have on his prosthetic legs when he pumped bullets into the locked bathroom door. So,
1) How does he know the door’s locked? If he got up, he probably had on his prosthetic legs.
2) Only after pumping 4 shots into a locked door, it is then that he decides to check if his girlfriend is in the bedroom. Normally, if there are only 2 people in the house and you see the bathroom door closed, wouldn’t you think that it may be the other person? Especially, if you live in a gated community. I put myself in his shoes as I live in a gated community and there are only 2 of us in the home. If I see the bathroom door closed, I am not heading for my 9mm and pumping 4 rounds through the door. But, I am not trigger happy like Oscar.
3) How many burglars rummage through the bathroom for jewelry, cash and valuables? Was he stealing mouthwash or a loofa sponge? Give me a break! Plus, if the door is locked, maybe he was taking a dump.
4) Also, in the statement, Oscar said he awoke in the early hours of the morning February 14 to noises in the bathroom and said a “sense of terror overwhelmed me.” He said he thought Steenkamp was in bed beside him and that he was too scared to turn on the lights. He said he shouted to her to call police, but she didn’t answer.” This is totally unbelievable. If I hear noises in my house, I check to see if everyone is accounted for first.
5) This sense of terror did not make you call the police? Hmmm?
6) Why have a sense of terror if you have the upper hand. You’re in the dark with a loaded gun. The alleged mysterious dump-taking robber doesn’t know it. You protect your girlfriend by asking her to leave the premises, call the cops, and wait for him to flush and come out.
7) Four shots into the unknown. Obviously, he never took a safety course in firearms (like yours truly)
8) Authorities said there had been “previous incidents” at the home, including “allegations of a domestic nature.”
I am glad the judge upgraded the charge against Oscar to premeditated murder, saying he could not rule out the possibility that the track star planned Reeva Steenkamp’s death.
To the Steenkamp family, I am saddened for your loss is truly tragic and NEVER should have happened. To Oscar, you are a murderer. No doubt in my mind. The judge needs to decide if it was premeditated and I say it was.